- You can take screenshots on Windows 10 and 11 by using the Snipping tool or Print Screen.
- Pressing the Windows Key and G will also allow you to take screenshots with the Game Bar.
- Apps from third-parties offer more functionality, such as automatically uploading images to the Internet.
There are multiple ways to capture a screenshot in Windows 10 and Windows 11.
We’ve listed the top ways to capture a screenshot in Windows, whether you want to grab the whole screen or a small portion of it.
The Print Screen button
Pressing the Print Screen (PrtScn),button of your keyboard is the easiest way to capture a screenshot.
Copy the screenshot to your clipboard. You can save the image by pasting the screenshot in any application that lets you insert images like Microsoft Word, Paint, or Paintbrush.
Quick Tip You can view screenshots by pressing the Windows Key + V.
Press the Windows key and then print screen
Press the Windows Key + PrtScn to take a screen shot on Windows 10 and Windows 11 that will automatically save it in the screenshots folder. The screen will dim, and then a full screen screenshot will be taken.
Here’s a quick tip: To locate the Screenshots folder, open File Explorer (use Windows key + E shortcut), then click on “Pictures” in the left navigation pane. Additionally, if you have OneDrive activated, the screenshot will also be stored there.
Press Alt + Print Screen
Press Alt + PrtScn to only take a screenshot of the window that you are currently working on. You’ll be able to copy the screenshot to your clipboard and paste it in another program.
Windows 10 comes with a handy tool called Snip & Sketch
Windows 10 Snip & Scratch is the easiest way to take screenshots on Windows if your goal is to annotate or customize screen shots.
Use the shortcut Windows key + Shift + S to activate Snip & Sketch. You will see your screen dimming and at the top, a small menu with options will be displayed. These include capturing a window or a full screen.
You can take screenshots in a variety of ways with Snip and Skitch.
|Rectangular||To create a screenshot, you can use a rectangular shape.|
|Free-form||You can draw freehand using your cursor.|
|Windows||Select a window that you want to capture.|
|Full-screen||Take a screenshot of the entire screen.|
A preview will be displayed in the lower-right corner after you have taken the screenshot.
The Snip and Sketch app will open when you click on the notification. You can then save, edit, or share the screenshot using the drawing tools available.
If you’re using Windows 11, you can take advantage of the Snipping Tool
The Snipping Tool is available in Windows 10 but it is not the best tool to take screenshots. The Snipping Tool has been upgraded in Windows 11 and is now the most convenient way to create custom screenshots.
You can either search for the Snipping Tool or use the Windows Key plus Shift and S to start it in Windows 11. As with Snip & Sketch your screen will dim, and a screenshot toolbar will appear on top. The toolbar allows you to take screenshots in rectangular, free-form, full window, and full screen.
After you take a screenshot, the image will be copied into your clipboard, so that you can immediately share it. It’ll also be saved in the Screenshotsfolder. You can save or edit the screenshot by clicking the preview in the lower-right corner.
The Game Bar
You can record video and take screenshots using the Game Bar. To open it, follow the instructions below:
- Use the keyboard shortcut Windows Key + G
Quick Tip If you can’t get the Game Bar to open, check that it is enabled. Press the Windows Key + I in order to access the Settings app. Then, navigate to Xbox Game Bar. Turn on Game Bar to “record game clips, chat with friends and receive game invitations.”
2. Click on the camera icon (Capture button) located in the top menu of the overlay, which will bring up the Capture menu.
3.Click the Camera icon in the Capture menu to capture a screenshot. Press the button to record video. You may also add audio using the icon.
The Game Bar saves screenshots and videos in MP4 and PNG formats. You can find these files in the File Explorer Videos >Captures. The Game Bar’s gallery can be accessed by clicking Display my captures > View my captures beneath the recording and screenshot buttons.
Press the Power and Volume Up buttons simultaneously
Press the Volume Up Button to take a screen shot on Windows 10 using a Microsoft Surface. Your screenshot will be saved to the Photos > Screenshots directory.
Important : In order to take a screen shot on Surface 3 and earlier models, press the Windows Logo plus Volume Down Button.
Screenshot apps from third-party developers for Windows
If the built-in Windows screenshot options don’t meet your needs, there are several third-party tools available that offer additional features worth exploring.
- Lightshot : This free tool is designed to share screenshots quickly on social media. Lightshot replaces Print Screen in Windows 10 and provides more editing options.
- Greenshot : This free program allows you to customize and edit screenshots. It also gives you the option of capturing a web page that is scrolling.
- ScreenRec : It is free Windows software that lets you capture videos and screenshots. The software also allows you to annotate your screen captures and recordings, in addition to creating links that can be shared with other people.
- Snagit : This screenshot software allows you to take screenshots of entire pages, create GIFs and much more. What’s the downside? The $62.99 premium version is the only downside. The 30-day trial is free, but all images captured during that time will have a watermark.
- Screencast-O-Matic : It is an online video editor that allows you to record your screen activities. Sign up for the free account to get screenshots. Upgrade to a Premium Account to access advanced features starting at $3 per month.
In conclusion, technology continues to shape our world in profound ways, revolutionizing how we live, work, and interact with one another. As we move forward into an increasingly digital future, it’s important to stay informed and engaged with the latest developments in our website “Fond of Tech”, as well as our reliable sources . By keeping up with tech news and trends, we can fully harness technology’s potential and create a better world for you and future generations.